THINKING OF WRITING A MEMOIR?
You’ve had a fascinating life adventure, gone through a challenging time or learned important lessons. You’d like to share your experiences and hard-won wisdom in a memoir. But making that memoir “sing” has turned out to be harder than you thought. We can help you turn that story in your heart into a fascinating book, written in your unique voice!
We are the bestselling professional ghostwriters, authors and editors of more than 60 published books, including memoirs such as:
- Diana & Dodi: A Love Story – an eyewitness account of Princess Diana’s last romance and final days
- Morrie: Only in America – a rags-to-riches memoir by the founder of a steel industry company
- Make Your Best Life – an inspirational memoir by the former President of Toys “R” Us
- Take Off Power – stories from a commercial airline pilot’s forty-year career
Here’s what some of our clients have said about our work:
– “For years I thought about writing a book as a way to … create some sort of legacy, but always held back because it seemed too complicated and I didn’t know where to start. Working with [Taylor-Fox] became a journey of self-discovery, resulting in a much better book than I ever could have written on my own.” – Bruce Krysiak, former President/Board Member of Toys “R” Us
– “Barry has an uncanny ability to …make you think more deeply about your life and… to transform your stories, ideas and feelings into writing that is not only beautiful but highly readable.” – Steven Friedman, Vice Chairman & CEO of United Steel Services
– “I read the manuscript [Diana & Dodi: A Love Story] and was utterly charmed. You have achieved just the right tone of affection and intimacy – congratulations.” – Helen Gummer, Editorial Director, Simon & Schuster UK
Why should I write a memoir?
There are many reasons to write a memoir:
- to share a wonderful life adventure
- to inspire others
- to spotlight a problem or cause
- to entertain others
- to teach important lessons
- to capture a moment in history
- to pass on family history
If a memoir is my story, how can a ghostwriter write it for me?
We will interview you and your family and friends, utilize material you’ve already written, information you’ve dictated and other sources to get your story. We’ll also have extended conversations with you to get a good sense of your style and voice. Then we’ll write the manuscript as you would, capturing your style and voice on paper.
What’s the difference between a memoir and an autobiography?
A memoir presents a “slice” of your life story; a specific time in your life that reveals the inner you and offers a glimpse into your heart and mind. An autobiography covers your entire life, from birth to the present, and emphasizes the presentation of the facts.